>

9/14/06

Animals in Dreams - Snakes

In some cultures snakes are highly regarded and symbolize the ability to transcend into higher levels of consciousness or into areas of knowledge that exist outside perceived time and space. In the pre-Christian days, snakes were considered symbols of fertility, healing, and nurturing. Post Adam and Eve, snakes are often considered symbols of temptation and evil, anger, and envy.

Snakes emerging out of the ground may represent your unconscious or repressed materials coming to your conscious mind. Freud thought that the snake was a phallic symbol. Most snake dreams seem to be disturbing and they leave the dreamer feeling anxious and afraid.

There are no simple interpretations to the snake dreams. Each dreamer must consider their own situation and all of the details of the dream. Sometimes snakes may be phallic symbols and other times they represent negativity in our lives that hampers our progress and constantly threatens us. In the long run the snake may be a positive symbol; it may represent difficulties that lead us to the center of personality and result in feelings of completeness.

Nevertheless, to see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

8 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Spirita said...

Soulmatedp, there are no simple interpretations to the snake dreams. Each dreamer must consider their own situation and all of the details of the dream. Sometimes snakes may be phallic symbols and other times they represent negativity in our lives that hampers our progress and constantly threatens us. In the long run the snake may be a positive symbol; it may represent difficulties that lead us to the center of personality and result in feelings of completeness.

Anyway to see an anaconda in your dream, symbolizes your creativity and potential. This snake also calls attention to your sexuality and your need to be more in tune with your own sexuality.
Your dream was simply a projection of your feelings and desires toward the man you like.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dreamed of green snakes I was running from them and I was very afraid.One of the snakes was protecting me from about 8 fat green snakes.I remember one looking into my eyes.I woke up screaming and panicking.

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just seen snakes in one of my dreams and now that I'm a wake i still see them in my head what could it mean
in the dream i was there in my brothers room look at tv then i looked over at the vent and i seen snakes just wiggling through it and i ran out and said "brother brother snakes are coming through ur vent in ur room" he didnt respond quickly but when he did he said "you got to live with it i do." and after he respond for some odd reason i went back into the room and i sat there like it was any other day and i was use to it. but then i seen all kinds of skakes there but mostly black ones. then i awoke by the sound of thunder after i got bittin i got stood there then walked away as if nothing happened.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Spirita said...

Anonymous, the snake frequently shows how you are dealing with such enormous flows of emotional or nervous energy. GREEN SNAKES generally represent your internal life process directed into a healing process or one that leads to your personal growth and positive change. So, no need to be afraid, this dream about green snakes was positive one.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been having dreams with snakes in them for several nights now and always wake up very afraid. In one I was bitten several times by a green snake but it must not have been deadly because it didnt seem to bother me in my dream. In the next on I was in bed and saw a very LARGE black snake crawling thru my room, I woke up and was afraid to go back to sleep. I dont know why I keep dreaming of snakes, but it is starting to really bother me.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Kaylene said...

Dear Spirita: I'm female, and 19.
I had a dream last night where I was spending a few days with family friends and I brought along with me a hamper. I was startled to find in my clothes four snakes. A boa-constrictor, a small/poisonous white anaconda and a small/poisonous red anaconda, as well as Iraq’s only native cobra, the desert cobra or “desert blacksnake" (which I saw in a movie lately). At first, I was confident holding them and pulling them out of the hamper, but within minutes of the dream, looking into their eyes; I began to feel fear and no longer wanted to hold or touch the snakes. I had to have my friend remove them from the house. Why was this?

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spirita, I wander if you could help me interpret my dream.

I dreamt that I am being chased by a black snake at my workplace and I am jumping over chairs and desks to avoid the snake chasing me.

The snakes blocks my way a few times but doesn't hurt me its as if the snake likes me. I avoid it and starting running in a different direction and I'm quiet happy and laughing whilst im running away from the snake. Again the snake blocks my way and stops me in my track but it does not hurt me.. What could this mean?

I am currently experiencing some changes at work, somebody else is slowly being given my job to do and also I'm in a relationship that nobody in my family seems to approve of but he treats me like gold and has never hurt me - we have been together for 4years

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

the scene of my dream is somewhere near the swamp i dreamed of a slender of white snake yellowish at the bottom from one of my pants jumped and bit me in the hand and i killed it by squeezing the neck till the bead explodes, then after a while at the same spot and same pants another snake of the same color jumped and bit me again on the same hand and by this time i bit its head till it dies what does this mean please help me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home